News From SMS Health Suite

August 25, 2020

From the Health Suite: 

• Parents of 7th Graders!
    • Please submit current immunization records for your student if you have not done so  already.  All 7th graders are required to show documentation that they received both TDaP  and Meningococcal (meningitis) vaccines.  State immunization requirements apply to ALL students whether they attend in person or Digital Academy. 
    • Parents were notified by email in July if the current immunization record was not on file.
    • If your student has not received these vaccines, please schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider and have them fax confirmation of the appointment to Mrs. Kirby at 717-227-9681.  If you need a vaccine exemption form, call Mrs. Kirby at 717-235-4811 x 3515 or email [email protected].
  • Dental exams are required for all 7th graders and students new to the District.  An exam within the last year is acceptable; please send in verification of the visit from the dentist.
  • If your student needs to have a scheduled medication during the school day or access to emergency medication (albuterol or Epi Pen), please contact the Health Suite for the appropriate forms.  Per District policy, students are NOT allowed to carry medications to/from school.