Warrior Football Faces a Loss Against West York

The Susquehannock football team plays their best each game. Photo by: Hailey Miller

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

After a successful outcome from the tailgate game against York Suburban with a score of 27-21, the Susky football team moved on to play against West York.

Varsity played at West York on Friday, October 21. The end score, 29-28, was a loss for the Warriors.

Senior Lee Cook believes that the team played well on Friday night and is looking forward to playing on Senior Night.

“I think we played a full game, we just got unlucky in the end,” said Cook. “I think so far in the season we’ve progressed and become better as a team. I think if we started out like this, we could have won more games.”

The football team plays intensely at an away game. Photo by: Hailey Miller

After the tight game, the football team is now preparing for senior night, which takes place on Friday, October 28.

Senior Luke Peters believes that the football team has done great this year.

“I think our record doesn’t reflect how we played,” said Peters. “I think we played pretty good; good enough to blow them out. We just didn’t have a lot of things going our way.”

During the game, senior Jack Allred scored 3 touchdowns and made the first 1,000 yard rush of the season. Even though it was a loss for the Warriors, the game was record-breaking for the season.

Football coach Steve Wiles thought the team played well on Friday night, despite the loss and difficulty.

“I thought that we played very well. We lead mostly the entire football game. We had a few moments where we weren’t in the lead, but then we came back and took the lead. Throughout the game, I thought we played very well. We executed our game plan. I was happy with how we played,” said Wiles. “The last minute of the game was difficult. We had a lead on this entire game, we controlled the game, and they were able to win it in the end.”

The Warriors play against Kennard-Dale on Friday night. Students who attend are expected to wear black. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

The Warriors will play against Kennard-Dale on Friday at Susquehannock’s stadium, and it will be one of the biggest games the team is playing this year.

“I hope we get over the loss, it was a difficult loss. We deserved to win the game, so we need to put that behind us and this is the last time the seniors will step on their home field. I expect them to play hard, and we want to end the seniors’ night on a positive note,” said Wiles.

Senior Night is on Friday, October 28, and Susquehannock is expected to wear black for the blackout event.