2016 Homecoming Court Competes for the Crown

The 2016 Homecoming court poses on the feild. Photo by: Wade Bowers.

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

The 12 members of the homecoming court this year include: Brooke Morris, Gena Speights, Ashley Bryan, Addy Schefter, Carsen Bateman, Maddie Tomasic, Kylie Taylor, Kelly Doogan, Jordyn Blucher, Casey Kummer, Yulia Houseal and Logan Garvey.

Students voted on the ballot for who they wanted to see on this year's Homecoming court. Photo by: Ariel Barbera
Students voted on the ballot for who they wanted to see on this year’s Homecoming court. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

Student council sent out a ballot to the senior class with the names of the senior girls on September 28, and in the end, these 12 won the majority of the votes.

Senior Ashley Bryan had a different reaction as opposed to others when told she was on the Homecoming court this year.

“It’s kind of exciting and I didn’t really expect it, so I’m just going to take it moment by moment,” said Bryan. “I was kind of blindsided by it, and I wasn’t in school when we voted so I just went with it.”

Before the big event of choosing the queen of the Homecoming court, there were several other events throughout the week. Some of these events included Spirit Week, the Hypnotist Show, the Pep Rally and the Powderpuff game.

Senior Carsen Bateman enjoyed the different activities leading up to the Homecoming dance and was honored to be on the Homecoming court.

“I think it’s a big honor to be a part of something with so many great girls. It’s really cool being given the chance to represent the school in a positive way and to do it alongside my best friends,” said Bateman. “All of these activities leading up to Homecoming are really fun. Spirit Week’s really fun, I liked participating in that. Taking pictures with the other girls on the court was fun, and being at the football field on [Friday] should be really fun. Whoever wins is going to deserve it, they’re all a great group of girls. It’s all well-deserved who [wins].”

The Homecoming court was escorted by their friends during the pep rally. Photo by: Ariel Barbera
The girls were escorted by their friends during the pep rally. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

Senior Logan Garvey is proud to represent Susquehannock by being on the Homecoming court.

“I’m glad to represent our school, and I think this is another opportunity to be in the moment during your senior year, and to experience your full potential,” said Garvey.

The winner of the Homecoming court will be chosen as the girls are walked across the field on October 14.