The student news site of Susquehannock High School in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania.

The Susquehannock Courier

News Update

Screenshot from @ClownSightings on Twitter

Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Don’t miss what’s going on in the world around you. Read below to find out the major events that have occurred throughout this week:

Miss Universe vs Trump

Photo of Alicia Machado. Screenshot from @machadooficial on Twitter

It is no shock that Donald Trump continually says what’s on his mind. However, he may have taken things too far this time. 19 year old Alicia Machado, better known as Miss Universe, was verbally attacked by Trump due to his criticism pertaining to her weight. According to The Guardian, Trump body shamed her by making statements like “Miss Piggy” and “an eating machine.” These comments did affect her, as she has once battled with anorexia and breast cancer. Regardless of his hurtful remarks, Machado used this time as an example for all girls to love their bodies and to never be afraid to eat.

Arnold Palmer

Sadly, the world lost another good soul on September 25. “The King” of golf, Arnold Palmer, passed away while awaiting cardiac surgery. However, Palmer’s legacy will never be forgotten. He popularized the sport of golf and made it cool, according to Golfweek. He impressed competitors,

Picture of Arnold Palmer's memorial. Screenshot from @PGATOUR on Twitter

Picture of Arnold Palmer’s memorial. Screenshot from @PGATOUR on Twitter

friends and family generation after generation. Palmer was very successful during his career, as he was a seven time major league golf winner, the inventor of the corkscrew-swing motion, and the designer of 300 golf courses in 37 states, 25 countries, and 5 continents. Not only was Palmer an outstanding golfer, but he was the start of an outstanding drink. The Arnold Palmer is equal park black iced tea and lemonade. For that and his many accomplishments, Palmer will always be remembered.

Clown Sightings

Horror movies have become a reality, as a wave of clowns have been spotted throughout the nation. The scariest part is, they’re closer than you think. Lancaster County has had numerous clown sightings throughout the week. Schools in the area are taking precautions and warning families to be on the look out for the masked clowns. A stabbing of a 16 year old boy in Reading has been linked back to a man in a clown costume. In recent reports by York Daily Record, clowns have been found on and outside the York College campus. Clowns have been reported to try and lure children into the woods. A police station in South Carolina stated some clowns are carrying serious weapons. If clowns are spotted near your location, it is encouraged to make the police aware.

Snapchat Spectacles

Snapchat has taken the photo industry even further with their new Spectacles. For $129.99, buyers will be able to capture short videos and images from their own perspective and be able to

Screenshot from @techbeardblog, who is helping to spread the word about Snapchat glasses

post them directly to the app itself. The look and feel of the glasses is retro, serving as a fashion statement for the brand. These glasses will allow users to capture every wanted moment at any given time, rather than just catching a glimpse or a single photo. CNN believes these glasses will increase Snapchat’s popularity and name. They feel many people will invest in this futuristic product, as it is a better way to share memories.