Susky’s 2016 Prom Makes an Impression on Students

By Dan McNair, Video Editor

Juniors and seniors spend hours picking the right tuxedo or dress, creating the perfect promposal, and spending a lot of money in preparation for the premier event of the school year: prom.

Susky’s prom committee selected the extravagant Valley Mansion in Cockeysville, Maryland as the venue.

On Saturday, May 7, Students began arriving at Valley Mansion around 7:00 p.m. in the evening where they were greeted with a professional photographer who shot candid photos of couples and groups.

Junior Lucas Miller and Senior Abby Ferraro. Photo Courtesy of Lucas Miller.

A photo booth, buffet, and neatly arranged tables circled the interior of the building; the dance floor and D.J. were at the center of all of the excitement.

Student Council Members organized this year’s post prom party, an impressively huge event which included several bounce houses, badminton, volleyball, other games, chipotle, Chick-fil-a, desserts, coffee, fruit, snacks, bicycles, and impressive prizes for contest winners.

Students who attended prom had quite a bit to say about the many different aspects of prom.

Juniors Sam Steines, Daylon Gohn, and Lucas Miller agreed that the food was impressively tasty.

Senior Kevin Clapp was crowned Prom King.

From left to right: Robert Jackson, Tori Robinson, Dan McNair, Olivia Herbkersman, Zak Kettinger, and Kylie Taylor. Photo courtesy of Tori Robinson.

“It was very cool, and it was fun wearing the hat on my head. I was honestly pretty excited when they called me up to get crowned,” said Clapp.

Junior Carsen Bateman shared her thoughts on the music at prom.

“I think the DJ definitely had an alternative style of music. I know he had good intentions, but his stuff wasn’t fit for a prom,” said Bateman.

Junior Lucas Miller appreciated the small details of prom.

“It was a memorable experience, and I can’t wait for next year. The York Daily Record staff took fantastic pictures, and it made the event even better,” said Miller. 

Susky Student Council’s Twitter is already starting a discussion about themes for next year’s prom, and all students are welcome to suggest an idea.

Susky Student Council’s Twitter can be found at https://twitter.com/SuskyStuCo?lang=en