FBLA opens Warrior Hideout

Photo By: Gina Corey
The Warrior Hideout can be found in the gym lobby concessions stand every morning.
Photo By: Gina Corey The Warrior Hideout can be found in the gym lobby concessions stand every morning.
Photo By: Gina Corey

The Future Business Leaders of America club (FBLA) held the grand opening of their coffee shop, the Warrior Hideout, in the gym lobby on November 12.

This volunteer, student-run coffee shop sells a variety of coffee and specialty drinks (such as green tea, hot chocolate, apple cider, and cappuccino).

Senior Tim Frey and FBLA advisor Kellin McCullough, along with the rest of the FBLA team, put a lot of hard work into making the Warrior Hideout a success.

“I spent all of last school year preparing the business plan [for the coffee shop] and doing all of the research,” said Frey. “We then worked all summer working out any legal issues with competition with the coffee shop, and then finalized everything and presented in to the school board [at the beginning of] this school year.”

Coffee costs $1.50, while the specialty drinks go for $2.00. A reusable mug can be purchased for $10.00, and when a student uses the reusable mug, they

Photo By: Gina Corey
A variety of coffee flavors and specialty drinks can be purchased at the Warrior Hideout.

will receive $0.50 off of their purchases at the Warrior Hideout.

Photo By: Gina Corey
Members of the Susky staff purchase drinks from the Warrior hideout to start their day.

“The money [we raise] will go towards making improvements to the school,” explained Frey. “We are going to try to redesign the lobby with new furniture like booths and tables and possibly . . . a flat screen TV to play news in the lobby.”

So far, the Warrior Hideout has had many coffee-craving customers, and the FBLA officers expect it to be very popular among the student body and faculty.

English teacher Jessica Beste enjoyed her purchase from the Warrior Hideout.

“I got the hot chocolate,” explained Beste. “It was good! I liked that the hot chocolate didn’t just taste like water. It was hot and flavorful.”

Many believe that the Warrior Hideout will be successful for years to come.

“I foresee [the Warrior Hideout] being a huge success; I think we will be able to keep interest through the year with seasonal flavors and deals,” said Frey. “I hope it will be able to be a permanent business for years to come.”

One can purchase a cup of hot coffee or specialty drinks every morning from 7:15 to 7:45 AM, or starting in December, after school from 2:45 to 3:15 PM.