High School Musical Steps on Stage One More Time

By Katelin Tyler, News Editor

High School Musical cast featured together on their last movie together Photo @Billboard
This is the High School Musical cast featured together in their last movie together. Photo @Billboard

We’re all in this together- one more time- for the rebirth of High School Musical after nearly 8 years.

Disney Channel’s phenomenon featured: High School Musical, High School Musical 2, High School Musical 3: Senior Year and now High School Musical 4. Fans went crazy for the movie series, especially for Troy Bolton (Zac Efron), but, this time around, the film may not be what the long time dedicated fans expect.

Mean Girls vs Mean Girls 2, the beloved movie that failed when trying to revive it. Picture maskn100.blogspot.com

The franchise is now in the process of casting calls, and it looks like Troy (Zac Efron), Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens), Chad (Corbin Bleu), Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale) and Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) are not on the cast list for this movie. The producers plan on finding a new generation of East High to continue the legacy. But, to all the original Disney Channel fans who have watched everything from Hannah Montana to That’s so Raven know this won’t be what was expected. This new plot is something that has been done before. Mean Girls, the hit movie that everyone knows by heart, has tried to revive the movie once and make a second one, Mean Girls 2, with a new, but not improved cast. Like everyone expected, it was a fail. The movie never lived up to the almighty Mean Girls.

The new rumored cast of High School Musical 4 that many are not happy about Picture @RDMAsNominees

The Wildcats decided to stick with the expected theme of the theatre loving jock, the cheerleader, the fallen popular girl and the bad boy. High School Musical is a part of Disney Channel’s history and always will be. High School Musical broke the record of most watched televised programs with a grand total of 7.7 million views on the movie in 2006, and the soundtrack went platinum according to Entertainment Weekly.

Not only have the fans around the world spoken their mind about the upcoming movie, Susky fans have as well. Junior Gabby Maiorano is upset that the

movie will not return in its original state.

“I would have liked them to keep the original cast. I mean it won’t truly be High School Musical without anything that I used to love and sing to when I was younger,” said Maiorano.

Junior Maddie Tomasic will miss her two role models as a child.

“I am happy that they are actually following through with making the movie, but it won’t be the same without Sharpay and Gabriella, who were my two favorite characters. I think they will be missing out by not adding in the same cast,” said Tomasic.

With Troy Bolton and Chad Danforth out of the picture, junior Sierra Breeding most likely will not participate in the screening of the movie.

“ I loved Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu in the movie. They were hands down my favorite people. I just don’t think I will want to watch the movie because if it turns out like a Mean Girls 2 type of movie, I just will not like it,” said Breeding.

Although High School Musical 4 may not “bop to the top”, viewers will always have memories of belting out word for word of High School Musical soundtrack.