Girls Basketball Regroups

By Abby Deter, Reporter

Ending their season last week in the first round of the district playoffs, the girls basketball team is regrouping.

Senior Ashley Stone, who will be playing Division II basketball at Shippensburg University next year, was very happy with the season.

“I think the season was pretty successful. I mean, it didn’t end the way we wanted it to, but we still won our division and made it to districts and counties,” said Stone.

Stone’s younger sister, sophomore Madison Stone, agrees that the season went well and is looking forwards to continuing the success next year.

“I think our goal as a team for next year is to make it to districts again and probably counties and hopefully win the division again since we are only losing two people,” said M. Stone.

The fact that the team did so well this season and is losing only two players, seniors Ashley Stone and Victoria Acton, gives the team a lot of hope for doing well again in next year’s season. Junior Kelsey McCullough will miss the seniors next year but is also very ready to get to work for next season.

“ We are going to work hard in the offseason, and we are going to try to get even farther in the county and districts tournament and still try to come back and win the division again,” said McCullough.

The team has already started working on getting ready for next season.

The team spends time together off the court
The team spends time together off the court. Photo by Kim Stone
Girls basketball lines up for the national anthem
The girls line up for the national anthem. Photo by Kim Stone