The student news site of Susquehannock High School in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania.

The Susquehannock Courier

Spring Athletics Start to Warm Up

Danielle Jackson, Sports Reporter

This year’s spring sports teams, softball, girls/boys lacrosse, baseball and boys volleyball,  are getting ready for a new season.

Mallory Lebo takes a base. Photo By; GameTimePa

Senior Mallory Lebo takes a base.
Photo By; GameTimePA

Baseball and Softball : The Warriors look to have a promising season after finishing last season with an 8-10 record, a motivation for the team to go further than last season. With almost a month of practice, the Warriors are looking to start a fresh new season.

The softball team is also looking forward to a promising season. After having an 8-8-4 season last year, this year looks like it’s time to play harder to put more games in the win column. 

Boys lacrosse getting serious. Photo By: GameTimePa

Boys lacrosse gets serious. Photo By: GameTimePA

Boys and Girls Lacrosse: These two teams have been putting in work at practice for almost a month now. They are getting more than prepared for their season and look to make it great in every way. The boys team last season went better than predicted as the boys went 7-2-2.  The girls team finished their season on the same note as the boys did. Both teams finished with a record of 7-2.

He's getting ready for the spike. Photo By; GameTimePA

He’s getting ready for the spike. Photo By; GameTimePA

Boys Volleyball: The boys are still looking for a coach that can lead them to a  comeback after last year’s 9-7 season. Without a coach, there is no way that the boys can get out on the court and serve up some wins.

This year’s spring teams are looking to have a great oncoming season and start off strong in the fresh weather.