Band and fans mourn the death of ‘Suicide Silence’ frontman

“The world will never be as loud” Fans around the world wore the quote describing the loss of Mitch Lucker in remembrance of the talented singer.

People say a legend never dies, and for the band Suicide Silence, this has never been more true.

Fans around the world are mourning the loss of Suicide Silence’s lead singer Mitch Lucker. After his death the morning of November 1st from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident on Halloween evening; he was only 28.

The motorcycle collided with a pole on Wednesday, throwing Lucker and then continuing on to run into a truck also traveling on the road.  No one else was injured.

Lucker was not just a talented front man but also a loving husband and father. The singer, even while on tour, often tweeted and spoke of his 5 year old daughter, Kenadee.

For fans, it’s the thought of that little girl losing her father that is the hardest to handle.  The artist himself was very relatable, and any fan could tell how much he cared for her.

As an entertainer, he was legendary, captivating an audience for the whole set, and leading the group with force and power.

Separate from leading the group, fans who have met him tend to agree that he was an all around good person, going out of his way to hear their stories and seemed to genuinely care.

The band member had often spoke about his love of his bikes and the feeling they gave him.

One fan, senior Joe Lackeny, was among the group of listeners that were shocked by the news.

“I was surprised,” said Lackney. “I felt bad that he had died and was worried about how this may change the band’s music.”

On the night of his death, a candlelit vigil in California was held in remembrance of Lucker; family members, fans, and band members gathered around with candles and mournful memories.

It was in front of over 400 fans at the memorial vigil that Mitch Lucker’s widow Jolie Lucker spoke to the crowd.

The Toronto Sun reports that she shared that her husband had indeed been drinking before his last ride and if any good was to come from this death, she hoped it would be that his fans would think twice before drinking and driving, that they would think about their life before making such risky decisions.

The saddest reported line, according to the Examiner’s website may have been from little Kenadee herself as she is reported to have said: “I’m not going to see daddy anymore, he’s in heaven.”

Supporters of the band and family are now coming in force, tweets accompanied by the hashtag #RIPMitchLucker had the tag trending that Thursday, popular sites like Tumblr had countless in memory photos posted, and companies such as Hot Topic, whom Lucker modeled for, posted statuses on Facebook about the passing.

The lyrics he performed often boasted about how one only has one life and often made mention to living life to the fullest and overcoming struggles, one such song even being titled “You Only Live Once.”  All of these things were made more evident from the death as listeners are leaving comments about them on the band’s music videos posted online.

As a band that is considered hardcore or “metal core,” the music includes vocals and screaming, making the group not as popular.  However, the immense fan base and mourning has placed the band into the news and left some people who are not even fans wishing the best for the family.

Freshman Rachel Arther expressed her sympathies about the passing, sharing her thoughts on Lucker’s young daughter.

“It is sad that she won’t get to grow up to know him,” said Arther. “But she can listen to his music and know he was a good,…respected person.”

It is important to remember in this situation, no matter what genre one listens to, a family has lost a son, a husband, a father, a friend, and for many fans, they have lost someone they saw as a hero.

As of now, some side companies with self-owned shops have produced shirts in memory of Lucker, claiming the funds will be sent to the family.  The band has released an official statement on twitter saying they are not associated with these companies, and as of now, they are working to create a shirt and donation fund.

The band has also not made a statement on whether or not the group will continue.

“I think the band will continue, most bands do,” said Lackney, “They could continue on to honor him.”

Music is often said to be the universal language, and at this time, it is that language that will comfort fans and family members of the now legendary Mitch Lucker through this hard time.

References Available Upon Request*