Break out the winter attire

Photo by: Gina Corey
These cozy boots paired with leg warmers are a fashionable find that will prevent the winter chills.

With the weather hitting a low 36 degrees already, it is time to break out the winter attire.

This doesn’t mean that we have to turn to itchy sweaters and bulky coats; there are comfortable and fashionable alternatives out there for both guys and girls.

Girls:

1. UGGS- These comfortable boots have been around for years now and are seen all over the Susky halls. Paired with leg warmers and jeans, these boots will keep your toes toasty in the dead of winter.
  2. Scarves- Scarves will keep your neck warm whether you’re in the snow, wind, or the chilly Susky classrooms.

Senior Jordan McGee loves to pair scarves with the clothes in her closet to stay warm.

“I love scarves because they add a pop of color to my outfit, yet they keep me warm all day,” said McGee.

These fashionable accessories can be worn with warm sweaters or with a trendy cardigan and tank top.

1. Yoga Pants- Finally there are comfy pants that can show off your curves and keep you warm. Whether its just a fad or a lasting fashion statement, these pants will be seen everywhere this winter.
  2. North Face Jackets- Although on the pricier side, these jackets are both adorable and perfect to keep one warm at school. They aren’t so bulky that one feels like they are wearing a parka, and they aren’t thin so that one is chilly; it s a happy, comfortable medium.

Guys:

1. Sanuks- Guys, these shoes may look different from one’s regular Nikes or work boots, but they are very comfortable.

GRADE AND NAME agrees with this statement.

“Wearing Sanuks are like having pillows on your feet,” said Chambers. “When you put them on, you feel like you’re in a dream. You’re so comfortable you think you’re in heaven.”

1. Zip-up Hoodies- If one finds the right hoodie, it can be the most comfortable thing one will wear all winter long; the trick is to look for the best fabric. Cashmere is the softest and warmest material one will find; the pattern of the hoodie should be left to one’s own personal taste.
  2. Beanies- These hats will keep one’s ears warm in the coldest of weather, just don’t wear them in school- it is against dress code.
  3. Carharts- Although these jackets may seem big and bulky to some, they are actually very comfortable and will warm one up instantly.

Photo by: Gina Corey
    Peacoats such as this one, paired with a scarf can be worn by both guys and girls and will keep one warm and cozy.

There are some more fashionable winter pieces that both guys and girls can enjoy.

Both:

1. Peacoats- These coats have been around for ages but have made a comeback recently. They will keep one at a comfortable temperature through the cold, wind, and snow.
  2. Cardigans- Instead of putting on a big jacket, cardigans will provide one with warmth without covering up one’s outfit.
  3. Flannels- Button-up shirts have never been so comfortable. Flannels will get one through any kind of winter weather that is to come. One can roll the sleeves up, or if it’s too cold for that, wear the shirt with long sleeves. It is both a fashionable and comfortable winter shirt.

Stay toasty throughout winter, and add these fashionable finds to your closet.