The Warrior Cafe Returns To Susky

The Warrior Cafe is located in the main gymnasium lobby. Photo by Ally Kerr.

By Ally Kerr, Reporter

Teenagers always forget their coffee in the morning or get hungry throughout the day, but they won’t have to worry about that next school year when the Warrior Cafe opens again.

The Warrior Cafe is looking to open  in the concession stand in the main gymnasium lobby. The cafe will sell hot drinks like coffee, hot chocolate and tea, as well as mints, gum and other snacks.

Tom Laure's students will be working in the Warrior Cafe when it opens in the fall. Photo by Tom Laure.
Tom Laure’s students will work  in the Warrior Cafe when it opens in the fall. Photo by Tom Laure.

Tom Laure’s life skills students will be working the cafe with help from Kellin McCullough’s entrepreneurship classes.

“[Laure’s] life skills class could learn a lot of soft skills needed for life in working the store… my entrepreneurship class will help with the business side of things,” McCullough said.

Laure and McCullough submitted a proposal and secured a $1000 grant to help and fund the start of the Cafe.

“When you have an idea, surround yourself with a solid person to help make it all happen, that’s exactly what happened in this situation… Kellin and her class will be a huge help with the upcoming store endeavor,” Laure said.

Kellin McCullough's entrepreneurship class will be handling the business side of the Warrior Cafe in the 2016-2017 school year. Photo by Ally Kerr.
Kellin McCullough’s entrepreneurship class will be handling the business side of the Warrior Cafe in the 2016-2017 school year. Photo by Ally Kerr.

Not only are Laure and McCullough excited for the cafe to come back, but so are students. Junior Maddie Tomasic thinks that the cafe will be used frequently by students.

“I think the Warrior Cafe will do well next year because students will definitely use it to their advantage whenever they get hungry or thirsty,” Tomasic said.

The costs of drinks and snacks have not been decided yet, but they will be appropriate for students to afford.