The key to a happy relationship

When was the last time you heard a couple fighting in the hallways, either that quiet, sarcastic back and forth, or the full on angry yelling and crying kind of fight? Both can probably be seen at least two or three times a day in the hallways.

Overhearing this bickering is one thing, but being a part of it is totally different.

High school relationships can be categorized as many different things. Some are short, random, and dysfunctional, and others are strong, happy, and comfortable.

To achieve ideal relationship and to avoid the aforementioned bickering, there are a few aspects that are key: communication, appreciation, and trust.

In a relationship, all conversations are valuable. Letting the other person know how you feel is crucial.

If you have some sort of problem with how they are acting, it is imperative to communicate that. If you have difficulty putting your thoughts into words, try writing it to the person in a letter.

Your love interest must know how you feel so that they know how to make you happy and comfortable in the relationship.

Too often people take their beau for granted. Those little things like a smile, a kiss, or a simple thank you make the biggest difference in every relationship. That is why it is important to recognize these acts as something special and to value our partner for all the things they do.

Without trust, there is no relationship. You must trust your partner to stay loyal to you and avoid jealous tendencies (no matter how difficult it may be.)

Of course every couple makes mistakes, but the strongest couples use their communication and appreciation to learn to forgive and regain trust.

Despite simple ground rules, there are many reasons why relationships fail that do not have anything to do with the above. A lack of connection or chemistry could also be possible, but don’t fret if it doesn’t work out; there are tons of fish in the sea!