Seniors, enjoy it while it lasts

It seems like just yesterday when my friends and I entered high school. It was a big school with a lot of kids that we didn’t know, but now we have made it to our senior year. As seniors, we should plan to fully enjoy every moment that we have left of our high school life.

Friends come and go, but in less than eight months, we will graduate; the people that we have known and have been friends with for almost all of our lives will go their separate ways.

We don’t know how much longer we have together, so make this remaining time count.

As seniors, we should all be mature enough to put the petty drama aside and realize

Photo By: Gina Corey
Class of 2013, represent!

that years from now, none of it will matter anymore. We should enjoy the familiar faces now because on our first day at college unfamiliarity will surround us.

We just had our last Homecoming dance, and in the next eight months, we will have our fair dose of lasts: the last time we play a varsity sport, the last time we go to prom, the last time we take a final exam as high school students, etc.

In our remaining time as high school students, it is imperative that we enjoy as many activities as we can with our friends. We should go to midnight movie premiers, have late night study sessions over Skype, and even have monthly get-together’s to enjoy each others’ company.

No matter how much we could be ready to leave this small town filled with the people we’ve known for ‘forever’ we will miss the familiarity, the friends we made and lost, the teachers we bonded with, and the school that gave us so many opportunities to succeed.

Photo By: Gina Corey
Seniors can wear  their “Class of W1nn3rs” senior shirts to show unity.

Most of all, we will miss our families, so before we leave, we need to make sure we spend some time thanking our parents for raising us right, being there for us, and dealing with our attitudes.

All in all, as a senior class, lets put all of the drama to the side, so we can enjoy each other to make this the best year yet.