The student news site of Susquehannock High School in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania.

The Susquehannock Courier

Warriors Score a Win

Danielle Jackson, Sports Reporter

The Warriors faced off against York Suburban on Dec. 15. 

The girls were on the road for their game. Undefeated York Suburban was a tough challenge. During the first quarter, it was a lopsided game with the Trojans up by 10. After a shaky first half, freshman Jayla Galbreath set off a spark with 3 three-pointers.

Freshman Jayla Galbreath drives in for the lay-up. Photo by; John A. Pavoncello - The York Dispatch

Freshman Jayla Galbreath drives in for the lay-up. Photo by; John A. Pavoncello – The York Dispatch

The Warriors trimmed a 10 point deficit to tie it 27-27 going into the final quarter. During the final stretch, the Warriors caused the Trojans to commit 2 turnovers in the first 30 seconds of the quarter. Senior GuardAshley Stone added  16 points to push the Warriors to a victory winning 43-31 on the road.

Tannura Drives in for the bucket Photo by;

Sophomore Taylor Tannura drives in for the bucket Photo by; John A. Pavoncello.

Stone thought the game was a serious challenge.

“ We started off slow, but once we played our game, we got it,” Stone said.

Meanwhile, the boys were at home for their game.

The Warriors were  hungry for a win after losing to North Eastern. The Warriors were down big before the half until they managed to spark up an 8-0 run to bring it within 4 points. The Trojans led the game the whole way until the third quarter when the Warriors went on a scoring rampage. Sophomore Jordan McMillion added 12 points, while seniors Nick Tannura and Josh Stoneberg each added 11 points more. The Warriors also shined on the defensive end with Tannura stealing the ball 6 times. The final stretch run was more than enough for the Warriors to pull out the win 53-51.

Coach Shilo thought his team had some rough patches during the first half.

“ We started off a little flat, but we came out strong in the second half and all the pieces came together,” Shilo said.