Claire Morrison Making the Jump

By Kelcie Baker, Reporter

Claire Morrison is taking the road less traveled when it comes to high school by jumping ahead into senior year.

claire
Morrison posts about her grade change. Photo by: Claire Morrison

Recently, Morrison made the huge decision to be bumped up to the next grade and become a senior.

Morrison had to go through a long process before the plan was put into action.

“I had decided over the summer that I wanted to try and graduate early, so at the beginning of the school year my mom had meetings with Dr. Molin,” said Morrison. “We realized that it wouldn’t be too terribly hard to get my grade level changed.”

Naturally, other students were surprised that the plan went through since few students do it.

It was a pretty easy decision for Morrison to make.

“When I started to do dual enrollment, I realized that I worked better at a higher level,” said Morrison. “Once I realized that I could have the opportunity because of dual enrollment, I really couldn’t think of a reason not to do it.”

In the school, there has been a lot of talk about Morrison’s change of grade level.

Junior Rachel Stockslager is very impressed with the whole situation.

claire 3
Morrison visits UAlbany’s business center. Photo by: Claire Morrison

“You can tell that she’s very motivated when it comes to her future,” said Stockslager. “It’s cool that she’s being so productive about her life.”

It’s obvious that someone with this much intuition has a set plan for their future.

Morrison is already getting ready for what she’s going to do after she graduates.

“I plan to attend the University of Albany and major in finance and business,” said Morrison. “I would like to study abroad as much as possible and then end up in the international finance sector.”

It is a very exciting idea to leave sooner than expected; however, there are still some things that Morrison is going to miss.

claire 2
Morrison also visited many sites on campus. Photo by: Claire Morrison

“I’m definitely going to miss my friends more than anything,” said Morrison. “Thinking about having to leave them a year sooner than what was expected is really hard.”

Former junior, now senior Claire Morrison has made a very big change in her education plan. However, all of the hard work and dedication is sure to pay off in her future plans.