New Homecoming Events Scheduled

By Jake Smith, Assistant Editor-in-chief

Unlike previous years, 2015’s Homecoming is slated to be a week-long lineup of events for all students, from pizza lovers to movie fanatics to spirited students. For the first time ever, several new events have been added to the week. Here is your guide to all of the activities planned for this year’s Homecoming.

Spirit Week – October 19 through 23

Just like in years before, the week before the dance is dedicated to dressing up in costume to raise school spirit. Monday’s theme is Dynamic Duo, Tuesday is One Color, Wednesday is Tacky Tourist, Thursday is Flash Forward, and Friday is Red and White.

Dynamic Duo is inspired by famous couples like Batman and Robin and eggs and bacon. Dress up head-to-toe in one color on Tuesday. Tacky Tourist means fanny packs, Hawaiian shirts, and selfies everywhere. Flash Forward is what you imagine you’ll look like when you reach retirement age. As always, Friday is the day to wear Susky’s colors and to show off your school spirit.

Movie Night – Monday, October 19, 7:00 p.m.

The first new event this year is a showing of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, a critically acclaimed, classic teen movie that originally premiered in 1986. At the showing, which will take place in the main gym of the high school, drinks, candy and pizza will be on sale for the convenience of attendees. While seating will not be provided, students are encouraged to bring blankets and pillows to sit on.

Tickets are $2 presale, $3 at the door, and can be bundled with Hypnotist tickets for $3.

Paesano’s Class Competition – Thursday, October 22, 3:30-9:00 p.m.

To help raise money for each class, Student Council has introduced a class competition centered around everyone’s favorite food: pizza. Right after school, Paesano’s, a restaurant in New Freedom, will donate 10% of the total of any Susky students that eat there.

All you have to do is order, say what grade you’re in, and let the money go right back to your class. On top of that, tickets for volleyball’s senior night, which starts at 7:00, will be available for just $1 at Paesano’s.

Hypnotist Show – Friday, October 23, 5:00-6:00 p.m.

After deciding to completely reinvent pep rallies this year, Student Council has a new plan for the time right before the Homecoming game instead of last year’s tailgate. At the pep rally, a hypnotist will choose around 20 students to perform in a show after school at 5:00 p.m. Students will be able to come and watch their friends be hypnotized before the big game.

Tickets are $2 presale, $3 at the door and can be bundled with Movie Night tickets for $3.

Homecoming Dance – Saturday, October 24, 7:00-10:00 p.m.

This year’s theme is “Fly Around the World With Me,” which fits this year’s expanded role of Homecoming perfectly. Along with the dance, a new area for games and photos will be open this year, so students have the chance to take a break from dancing all night. Refreshments like drinks, candy, and cookies will be available all night.

Tickets for the newly-updated event are $15. Tickets for every event will be available at lunches.