Warrior Softball: First Look

By Mallory Lebo, Reporter

From back to back state championship titles in ‘07 and ‘08 to consistent county and district tournament appearances, the softball team has a bar setting reputation.

Coming back from a mediocre season, as well as coaches resigning mid-season, the team is not quite sure what to expect this year.

Juniors Ashley Bryan and Brooke Morris value the team’s dynamic for the upcoming year.

Junior, Ashley Bryan is excited to say the least about the upcoming season. Photo By: Mallory Lebo
Junior Ashley Bryan is excited to say the least about the upcoming season. Photo By: Mallory Lebo

“I am looking forward to playing with everyone because we are all really good friends, so we all gel together; plus we are all strong players so when we come together it’s going to be really good,” said Bryan.

Morris is focused on the bottom line.

“Hopefully we have a better record than last year because we lost a lot more than we ever anticipated,” Morris said.

Seniors Lily Yoakum and Maddy Staub have both been on the varsity team since their freshman year.

Senior, Lily Yoakum is ready and focused for the season this year. Photo By: Mallory Lebo

“ I am looking forward to my senior year and getting to finish out the sport I started with my closest friends. I feel we have one of the strongest lineups when it comes to batting, plus our chemistry is off the charts. Also, to me the coaches are more supervisors because as players we are the only ones who have the skill and ability to pick each other up,” said  Yoakum.

Senior, Maddy Staub has her mind set on the upcoming season. Photo By: Mallory Lebo
Senior Maddy Staub has her mind set on the upcoming season. Photo By: Mallory Lebo

Staub is not concerned with the uncertainty of who will be in the coaching position for the team.

“Not knowing who our coaches are yet does not affect us because we are just focused on bettering each other for this upcoming season; for senior year I am just trying to have as much fun as I can with my teammates,” said Staub.

The returning players of the team know where their priorities are at, and that is winning.