April Fools Fall for Pranks

By Courtney Rodgers, Reporter

As is typical on the first of April, many students went out of their way to prank their friends.

One student,  sophomore Wesley Juarez, went all out for April Fool’s.

While most students chose to prank only one friend, or maybe just a parent or sibling, Juarez pulled pranks on many people April 1.

Between taping weird faces around his classrooms and offering people “brown-E’s,” Juarez pulled almost every trick in the book.

Giving someone "Brown-es" is a creative way to April Fool them.  Photo via www.pintrest.com
Giving someone “Brown-es” is a creative way to April Fool them. Photo via www.pintrest.com

“I just thought it would be funny,” said Juarez.

Juarez usually doesn’t pull too many pranks, but on April First he tricked quite a few people.  One of the first pranks that Juarez pulled was a clever one.

“I cut out “E’s” that were brown,” said Juarez.  “And I gave them to people, and told them they were brownies.”

The “brown-e” joke is a classic that never ceases to fool people.  Juarez is definitely a fan of the classics; he pulled another joke that really gets people confused.

“I put a piece of paper under a mouse so that the mouse wouldn’t move when someone tried to use it,” said Juarez.

Juarez put paper under the computer mice to mess with the computer and confuse the user. Photo BY: CrazySheep via Instructables.com
Juarez put paper under the computer mice to mess with the computer and confuse the user.
Photo BY: CrazySheep via Instructables.com

Essentially, one carries out the prank on a mouse that is controlled by the laser on the bottom, which needs to be touching a flat surface to work.

Put a piece of paper or tape, (Juarez used paper), and put it over the laser so that no matter how many times the victim clicks, the mouse won’t work.

Another prank that Juarez pulled was just as funny.

“I got a Coke bottle and made it look like it was spilled over,” said Juarez.  “But it actually wasn’t.”

One of the greatest ways to make a teacher mad is probably to make them think you spilled soda all over a keyboard or a desk.

Finally, his last prank consisted of him taking little cut out faces, a popular meme from the internet, putting them around the room on people’s faces in pictures.

Juarez put this odd face on pictures around the school to mess with people.  Photo By: Courtney Rodgers
Juarez put this odd face on pictures around the school to mess with people. Photo By: Courtney Rodgers

He placed a lot of these faces on the pictures in his English teacher Ms. Cieslewicz’s room.  Interestingly, it only took Juarez about 10 minutes to prepare all of his April Fool’s Day pranks.