Promposal Season is Upon Us

By Courtney Rodgers, Reporter

Asking someone to prom can be a scary thing, but as the years go on, the promposals get bolder and bolder.

It has basically become common place for promposals to be on almost the same level as marriage proposals.  Hence the nickname, promposal.

Students are trying to be more creative with their promposals, coming up with things such as giving the girl shoes, food, and even huge stuffed animals.

Most promposals consist of a big poster with some creative joke that eventually prompts the question…will you go to prom with me?  The question is, how do people know when to ask the question?

“I think between like one and two months is a good time to ask,” said junior Victoria Acton.  “The week of prom though, that’s probably too late because you have to have time to get ready.”

The question also always comes up on who should ask.  Junior Matt Barnhart offers some advice on this predicament.

“The guy should definitely ask the girl,” said Barnhart.  “I think that’s just the way it should be.”

Another part of this promposal phenomenon is making the event public by posting pictures on social media.  Sometimes the girl just want to be asked, maybe not in public though; senior Jackie Ditt has some words of wisdom on that topic.

“I think if the guy has the confidence to ask in public he should, just as long as that is what the girl wants,” said Ditt.

So whether the students prefer twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social networking site, social media is typically how the rest of the school typically finds out about the promposal.

Here is a Gallery of some of these promposals: