The student news site of Susquehannock High School in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania.

REUNION NEWS

June 14, 2017

The Classes of  1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, and 1997 have reunion announcements.

Class of 1957 – 60th Reunion
Saturday June 17, 2017
At Lida Koller Thompson’s starting at 3:00 PM.  Please contact Dick Stoner @[email protected].

Class of 1962 – 55th Reunion
September 23, 2017
Class of 1962 – 55th year reunion. Picnic style meal-casual dress-being held at Dub’s Church Grove, Hanover, PA. We are looking for addresses on Robert L. Badders, Jr. – William H. Clouser – Robert Daron and Larry W. White. If anyone has info on their current address – please contact Barbara (Nace) Ferree @ [email protected]

Class of 1967 – 50th Reunion
September 23, 2017

As of May 24th, rooms were still available at Heritage Hills.  Callers need to mention the code “Susquehannock 50th Reunion” to get the special rate ($159/night for 1 night, and $139/night for multiple nights + tax). Those rooms will be blocked off for us until July 31, when they will be put back into normal availability.

The Hampton Inn in Shrewsbury is currently completely booked for the weekend of our reunion because they are holding blocks of rooms for two weddings.The reservation manager at the Hampton reported that any rooms not taken will be released on September 1st.

Please share any information that you have regarding room availability around the county.

As of April 21, 2017 all class members should have received detailed information about the reunion via US Mail OR email.  There are three items included in the US mailing: (1) Letter with information about times and dates for the scheduled activities, (2) Reservation Form, and (3) A two-page questionnaire to be used in compiling the class booklet. For email recipients, each item will arrive in a separate email.   If you have not received this information, please contact John O’Keefe ([email protected]) or Bruce Bauman ([email protected]).

Key Dates:

By May 31, 2017 – Return Reservation Form with payment to receive “Early Bird” dinner price

June 1- June 30, 2017 – Return Reservation Form with payment at full dinner price

By June 30, 2017 – Return completed Questionnaire

Class of 1972 – 45th Reunion
September 23, 2017
Will be held at the United Birthday Club. More info to follow.
Deb Keeny Bosley at [email protected] or 717-891-1273

Class of 1997 – 20th Reunion
June 24, 2017
Located at: Tellus 360 in Lancaster PA Open dinner buffet ~$50/person. Links to Eventbrite and additional information is available through our FaceBook page by doing a search for “Susquehannock Class of 1997”, exactly as printed. Please “like” the page to received updates.
Please contact Daniel Annis at [email protected] for more information.

Post your alumni reunion information on the District website at www.sycsd.org. Go to the “Add Reunion Information” page. Send reunion photos to SHSAlumni@sycsd.org. They will be included in the alumni newsletter. Please include a key to names for identification.

9 Comments

9 Responses to “REUNION NEWS”

1. Charles Frederick Dickmyer on November 13th, 2015 12:58 pm

Is there a reason why the Class of 1955 did not have a 60th Reunion this year?

[Reply]

2. Donald Kidd on April 22nd, 2016 7:37 pm

Are there any plans being made for a 45th reunion for the Class of 1971?
    Donald Kidd

[Reply]

Joan Wood Reply:

Hi Donald,
    Plans are being made for Class of 1971 and details will be coming soon! Hope all is well with you.

[Reply]

3. Sean Coffron on May 20th, 2016 9:19 am

Class of 1996 where are you??? If anyone really wants to have a 20th, please let me know. I will help plan it. 🙂

[Reply]

4. Linda Holley Slenker on July 13th, 2016 2:18 pm

The class of ’87 is beginning to organize a committee to have our 30th year reunion. If you would like to serve or have ideas, please let me know. We’ve also created a Facebook page for our class to join and easily follow developments and updates.

[Reply]

Laura Lutz Reply:

Let me know if I can lend a hand in the preparations.

[Reply]

5. Wayne on January 16th, 2017 5:27 pm

I really wish the class of 98 had a reunion if not I’d like to find out how I can do it

[Reply]

6. Kevin Wood on April 17th, 2017 3:38 pm

Has anyone heard of any news about the class of 82? We didn’t have our 30th so I hope we have our 35th. Please keep me informed since I’m not on facebook or other social media. THANKS

[Reply]

7. Barbara (Nace) Ferree on April 25th, 2017 11:45 am

Mark Rill,

Thank you for listing the reunion info for the class of 1962 – but – the date should be September 23, not 30.

Thank you for making the change in future issues.

Barbara (Nace) Ferree
    Class of 1962

[Reply]