Senior Superlatives Echo through the Halls of Susquehannock

This year’s graduating class has had a few students that stand out just a tad more than the others, and they have been nominated or have won the senior superlative awards.

The categories: best dressed, most comedic, sassiest, most outgoing, worst senioritis, most athletic, most artistic, best bromance and besties, and most likely to be on their phone.

Starting with best dressed, the boys that were nominated for the title were: Clayton Leasure, Alex Rebich, and Tyler Ritz.

One student was nominated as a winner by the 2015 graduating class, and Tyler Ritz was their choice. The females include Joy Cato, Zoe Karpouzie, and April Heil.

The winner of the females is April Heil; she has dressed up all year long.

“It’s flattering that I won. It’s a reward that I love,” said Heil. “It’s nice knowing that people are paying attention to my routine.”

Throughout school, there are a few male students that could make anyone laugh. Candidates include: Luke Bond, Cody Dennis, and Josh Attig.

Luke Bond received the most votes and won most comedic of the 2015 class.
“I’d like to thank the yearbook members that nominated me in the top three funniest people of the school,” said Bond. “It’s a humbling experience because it’s not about the reward; it’s about seeing the smiles on people’s faces.”

The female candidates were: Brittany Fitzgerald, Jala Sanders, and Erin McNeal.

Out of the three, Erin McNeal was voted in as most comedic for the females.

Whether they are happy or sad, some of the students just have a natural sass. Shawn Gasque, Tony Dalpezzo, and Brandon Leese were nominated as the sassiest boys in the school.

Shawn Gasque’s attitude won him first place.

“It feels good to represent our school as the most sassiest male,” said Gasque.

Destiny Boone, Lori Heitmann, and Ashley Valway were the nominees for the girls.

Out of the three, Hietmann received the most votes and claimed first out of the girls.

“I wasn’t expecting to win the most sassiest, but I’m glad I did,” said Heitmann.

The most outgoing male students that were selected were: Patrick Hogan, Shane Harris, and Zach Leonard.

Zach Leonard claimed first place out of the selected three, and he’s proud of it.

The females that were nominated are: Alexis Anelli, Brook Manker, and Kayla Ruth.

Alexis Anelli received the most votes out of her running mates and was crowned most outgoing in the 2015 class.

A few students just want to get high school over with and have a bad case of senioritis. The male candidates for this award are: Nathan Houser, Artie Floyd, and Jordan Serrell.

Floyd grabbed first place with his class behind him supporting all the way. Floyd feels indifferent about winning worst senioritis.

“It’s cool I guess. I really don’t know,” said Floyd.

As for the females, the runners were: Breanna Hann, Michelle Shuman, and Kendra Saxe.

Saxe received the most votes from her class and won worst senioritis for the girls in her class.

High school sports are a huge part of students’ lives. Some students have a natural talent and were nominated as most athletic. The females included: Amber Orner, Brooke McGee, and Katelyn Welch.

Welch placed first and received the most Athletic superlative out of her graduating class.

The males included: Aaron Portner, Colin Riley, and Clay Ayers. Clay Ayers was voted by the class as most athletic, and he is very proud to take that name.

Throughout high school, students have spent time participating in activities that they love. The most artistic superlative was shared by: Layne Shaeffer, Cyrus Trego, Nick Umezawa, and Jake Machulcz.

Out of the four, Shaeffer received the crown for most artistic for the boys.

“The recognition feels good, but, humbly, I’m not the best artist in the school,” said Shaeffer.

The females are split up by: Casey Torbert, Mollie Larum, Brandi Bradford, and Dylan Donlon-Moyer. Larum was voted most artistic out of the four by her class.

Friendships are made and lost in high school, but a few stood strong. The best bromances include: Matt Ramey and Owen Founds, Dominic Clark and Alex Petrucci, and Austin Rae and Clark Thoman. Austin Rae and Clark Thoman were voted as the best bromance by their class and continue to strengthen their friendship.

“It’s bittersweet to win the best bromance. I don’t like the attention,” said Thoman. “Our friendship started back in seventh grade, and it’s been nothing but bonding since.”

The besties category consisted of three friendships: Molly Larum, Kaileigh Krobot and Sarah Schertle, Brittany Halterman and Brook Humphreys, Hailey Brooks and Angelina Stewart, and Ellen Stewart and Rachel Martin were the groups nominated for besties.

Molly Larum, Kaileigh Krobot and Sarah Schertle won the besties category, and they are excited to win.

“We have been friends since middle school,” said Krobot. “We have stuck by each others’ sides through everything.”

The last category is most likely to be on the phone during school, and, for the boys, the nominees are: Shane Silk, Zach Orner, and Adam Stacharowski. Shane Silk was voted by his class as most likely to be on his phone no matter when it is.

The females are: Maddie Ketterer, Gabby Corey, and Tyra Cook. Maddie Ketterer claimed first place for most likely to be on her phone throughout the school year.

No matter where they go, or how far they get, the legacy for the superlatives will be remembered by their class.

Krobot, Shertle, and Larum pose for the cameraman to find they have won Besties.
Krobot, Shertle, and :arum pose for the camera after finding out they won the Besties title.